Canon PIXMA MX490 Driver Download – The Pixma MX490 is a compact unit, so the box isn’t very large or heavy. Unpacking, you’ll find the MFP, power, and phone cords, an install CD that contains print and scan drivers and Canon’s Quick Menu software, the My Image Garden utility for touching up photos, black and tri-color ink cartridges, and a quick-start poster.
The user guide can be installed as a readable file during the installation, and it’s quite large and very detailed. Not included on the install disc is Canon’s Creative Pack Premium. This provides a wide variety of printable crafts and is available online.
Compatibility:Windows XP 32bit / Windows XP 64bit / Windows Vista 32bit / Windows Vista 64bit / Windows 7 32bit / Windows 7 64bit / Windows 8 32bit / Windows 8 64bit / Windows 8.1 /Windows 10 64bit/Linux / Mac OS
Drivers and Downloads
MX490 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)
MX490 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.85 (Windows)
MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)
- Print Speed (up to): 4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 70 seconds4,5
- Print Speed (Approx): Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm4,5, Colour:ESAT: Approx. 4.4 ipm4,5
- Number of Nozzles: Colour: 640 / Pigment Black: 1,152 / Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (colour): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Colour:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
- Paper Sizes: 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal.
- Copy Speed (up to): ESAT: Colour: 3.6 ipm4
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% – 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Document Feeder (ADF), AE (Auto Exposure) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Preset Copy Ratios, Frame Erase Copy, Zoom
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: 1200 x 2400 dpi (Optical), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated), ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode9, Network Scan, Push Scan, PDF Password Security, Push Scan, Send to Cloud
- Colour Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8×5″ x 11.7″: ADF: 8.5″ x 14″